Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dialogue Writing

1. Sam (8 years old) is watching the pump attendant  fill petrol into his father's car from the rear window. Write a dialogue for a conversation between the boy and pump attendant.

Sam : May I ask what are you doing ?
Pump attendant : I am filling petrol in your fathers car , Sir !
Sam : How much longer will it take ?
Pump attendant : A few more minutes , sir !
Sam : Why do we need so much petrol in my dad's car ?
Pump attendant : It is not much sir, it is taking very long to pump out !
Sam : Do you work here ?
Pump attendant :Yes I do !
Sam : Why do you work here ? And not in a bank or something ?
Pump attendant : Sorry sir I can't answer that question !
Sam : Ooo.. , I am sorry ! Do you know where my dad works ?
Pump attendant : No sir I don't !
Sam : I'll give you a clue ?
Pump attendant : No sir its OK !
Sam: OK then , may I ask why the people in the store don't help ?
Pump attendant : Ooo.. they do something else !
Sam : What do they do ? 
Pump attendant : They sell goods !
Sam : Anyway thanks for the information ! I have to go now, bye !
Pump attendant : Bye see you again ! Thanks for coming !

by . Anjana Sharma

1 comment:

  1. Watch your capitalization the beginning of each sentence for some of your lines. Remove the exclaimation mark from the title. Otherwise, its a fine job. Well done!

    ReplyDelete